mardi 26 mai 2015

First Click: This French painting from 1884 predicted today’s tech zombies

In preparation for Google I/O later this week I spent Memorial Day reviewing last year’s event. I spotted one of my favorite paintings during the Backdrop demo, a Chromecast feature that turns your TV into a digital picture frame. I hadn’t thought deeply about Georges Seurat’s A Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte (Un dimanche après-midi à l’Ile de la Grande Jatte) in years. What’s remarkable is how prescient the painting remains more than 100 years later.

Seurat's masterpiece addresses working-class relaxation made possible by technology, which, at the time meant the great whirling factories of the industrial revolution. The scene is rendered via a highly systematic and “scientific” technique known as Pointillism, whereby...

Continue reading…



First Click: This French painting from 1884 predicted today’s tech zombies

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire