mardi 24 mars 2015

Why VR is suddenly cool again after the terrible gadgets of the 1990s


I won't forget my childhood disappointment with virtual reality. For a little boy obsessed with video games, VR represented a spectacular not-so-distant future in which I'd experience professional football, dragon hunting, zombie killing, and countless other fantasies as if they were real life. I never had the $15 required to test the humongous virtual reality machine at the local theme park, and I was infuriate by Nintendo's cruddy, bright red Virtual Boy, which I rented for some unholy price from the local Blockbuster.


Recently, VR's made a striking comeback. Last year, Facebook acquired Oculus, the frontrunner in VR hardware, for $2 billion. Since, we've seen aggressive movement in the industry from Samsung, Sony, and Valve, to name...


Continue reading…






Why VR is suddenly cool again after the terrible gadgets of the 1990s

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire